Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: How to clean your clear stamping blocks.

Thrifty Thursday happens almost every Thursday and it's my way to contribute with some tips and techniques that will not bankrupt your pocket book. So be sure to follow my blog so you can see when I post a new money saver tip. Now on, for today's tip...

I was recently playing with my newest Prima and Technique Tuesday stamps and found that my acrylic blocks were just too dirty that I couldn't see through them. I know, that sounds awful! But sometimes I have to decide if I am going to clean and organize or scrap and create something!

Anyway, I had read somewhere that you could use a Magic Eraser to clean them. I didn't believe it until I tried it.

Here are the before photos:



Here are the after photos:



My observations:

you don't need a lot of elbow grease. Gently rub the sponge and it will erase all the permanent ink you might have on your acrylic blocks. I use a lot of Black Staz On ink and you can't get that off with just water and soap, but Magic Eraser will do it. If you rub the sponge to hard it will erase the grid lines of your block, so go easy on them!

Let me know how you like you newly cleaned blocks. :)

Tereza

No comments: